More fear than harm. If the young Malian artist and kora player Sidiki Diabaté lost his luxury Mercedes « Class G » worth more than 75 million FCFA, which was burnt to a crisp, he still has his life saved. The vehicle caught fire on Tuesday evening. According to concordant sources, it is from the engine block that the fire started. The car burned before the eyes of its owner, powerless in front of the spectacle that was offered to him. What could have caused the fire?
The saying goes, « every cloud has a silver lining ». Malian artist Sidiki Diabaté, who has just returned from the funeral in Abidjan of Ivorian Prime Minister Hamed Bagayoko, can thank God. He has just lost his luxury Mercedes G Class, worth more than 75 million FCFA, which was burnt to a crisp, but his life is still safe.
The vehicle caught fire on Tuesday evening. According to concordant sources, it is from the engine block that the fire started. The car burned before the eyes of its owner, who was powerless to see what was happening. Fortunately, there were no victims. On his Facebook page, the singer gave thanks to God. According to him, it is in these types of trials that one must strengthen one’s faith in the Lord.
« Trials are inherent to human life. And for the believer, these are times when he must strengthen his faith in God. For He alone is the Master of time and the occult. Thank you again God for this grace. Inch’Allah, the best is yet to come, » wrote the musician on the social network. However, a question arises with acuity: what can be the origin of this fire? AFRIK.COM sought the opinion of an electro-mechanic.
« Many cars catch fire because of precarious electrical installations. The fire may be caused by a simple installation of a car alarm. It should be noted that in Africa, as in Europe, it is very common for car owners to have an alarm installed in order to secure their property. Except that sometimes the electrical installation of this alarm does not meet the standards, which can trigger a fire, which actually starts in the engine compartment, » said Mouride Thiam, an electro-mechanic.
« Other cars catch fire because of poorly installed lights. This is the case, for example, with miniature flashing lights and other indicators installed in the vehicle’s system. It is common to see people asking unskilled electricians to install more powerful lights in front of their vehicles to ensure good visibility at night. The slightest mistake in these electrical installations can spell disaster. A simple short circuit is enough to start a fire. And very often a car fire can have serious consequences. It happens that everything burns down, » he continued.
It should be remembered that Sidiki Diabaté had already been through another ordeal a few months ago. That of prison. Indeed, the Malian justice system had placed him in detention at the end of September for allegedly kidnapping and beating his ex-girlfriend Mariam Sow, known as « Mamacita ». It was only last December that he was released after having paid a bail of some 23,000 euros (more than 15 million FCFA). This freedom is only temporary for the prince of the kora.