Three Guineans were shot dead in clashes in Conakry after security forces dispersed a new demonstration of opposition to President Alpha Condé, according to an updated statement to the opposition and the opposition on Friday. ‘hospital.
These deaths bring to at least 20 the number of civilians killed since the beginning of October 14, of a mobilization against a possible third term of President Condé. A gendarme was also killed.
Guineans again descended en masse Thursday in the streets of the capital at the call of the National Front for the Defense of the Constitution (FNDC), which leads the protest. Violence erupted on the path of the march, then spread to several neighborhoods.
Souleymane Diallo, 16, Abdouramane Diallo, 19, and 32-year-old Amadou Oury Barry, were killed by security forces during « punitive expeditions » and « without any protest », FNDC reported. on social networks.
At least 66 people were injured, including 26 shot by police or gendarmes, told AFP Abdoulaye Oumou Sow, a leader of the group of opposition parties, unions and members of society civil.
Amadou Oury Barry was shot while « locked in a shop, » said a family relative.
No comments from the authorities
All three deaths were confirmed by a medical source at the Sino-Guinean Friendship Hospital. No comments were received from the authorities, who reported only one death.
Guinea, the custom of protests and brutal repressions, has been in turmoil since the FNDC called for a barrage of the loan to Condé, elected in 2010 and re-elected in 2015, to run for his own estate in 2020. and to revise for this purpose the Constitution, which limits to two the number of presidential terms.
On the eve of Thursday’s protest, the security forces had been the subject of an accusing report by Amnesty International. He denounces the excessive use of force, the prohibitions of peaceful demonstrations, the « massive » and « arbitrary » arrests, the cases of torture and the impunity of gendarmes and policemen.
The government has defended itself against a report that, he says, ignores his efforts.
At the age of 81, Condé, a former historical opponent who was the first democratically elected president after decades of authoritarian and military rule, kept his intentions vague, but in September he launched consultations on the constitution.